[gobolinux-users] Scripting?

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Wed Apr 8 01:09:20 NZST 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 8:38 AM, Sergio Tortosa Benedito <sertorbe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm writing this e-mail as a sort of question, well here it is:
> Is there anything in the Gobo default install which makes a scripting
> language (such as Python) a need?
> I mean, something which would be practical to be made in a compiled
> language, because it's very very handy (or even mandatory) to have it
> written in a scripted language?

Well, many of our scripts are written in Python and a few of the
third-party tools we ship rely on Perl.
Some of our in-house tools have been written in C (e.g.
Scripts/Current/src), but many times that does not make sense. For large
tools it can take a considerable amount of time to do things like complex
list manipulation, data piping, and whatnot.

Lucas