[gobolinux-users] Installing GoboLinux

Mark Filipak markfilipak.linux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:24:11 NZST 2015

On 04/07/2015 11:28 PM, Lucas C. Villa Real wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Mark Filipak
> <markfilipak.linux at gmail.com <mailto:markfilipak.linux at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Part 2
>
>     As you can see here:
>
>     http://markfilipak.com/GoboLinux/Application%20Execution%20Error%20.jpg
>
>     I made some progress, but everything I attempt to run provokes the
>     application error shown. I can't get any further without help.
>
>     1 - I'd show the error log, but I can't get to
>     '/Users/root/Terminology.log' because I can't discover how to launch a
>     file manager, and I obviously can't 'cat /Users/root/Terminology.log' if
>     I can't run the terminal.
>

> I assume that happens when you launch Terminology. Do you also get
> errors when you launch other programs from the "start" menu?
> Also, if you click on 'Run Everything' in the start menu, then you can
> type 'xterm' to launch that alternative terminal. Afterwards you should
> be able to investigate the contents of Terminology.log.
>
> Lucas

Hi Lucas. I'm sorry to take up the time you so graciously give. Thank you.

Yes, everything I attempt to run provokes the application error shown at
my web site.

Regarding "other programs from the 'start' menu", where's the "start"
menu? I suspect that you refer to the handful of launchers that come up
when I click the desktop? Yes? If so, that indeed is where I attempt to
launch terminal.

As I explain in my posting, I can't find a file manager, but I tried
launching other applications and none of them would run cleanly. In
fact, none of them would even open a window.