[gobolinux-users] Ubuntu Core Headed in Gobo's direction

Michael Homer michael at gobolinux.org
Fri Jan 23 17:07:46 NZDT 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Anshuman Aggarwal
<anshuman.aggarwal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well they haven't given the details of what goes on inside the app/version
> directory ...maybe its fhs like folder structure there....or maybe I didn't
> look far enough (like downloading and playing with the snapp core)
The key part is:
"All package code goes in /apps/<package>/current/ which is the only
place your files will be installed on the system. ... we may have
multiple versions of your package installed, and the "current"
directory is just a pointer to the one that is currently active. ...
There is no imposed structure on the package. You can put almost any
files in any place. You can statically link or you can ship your own
library versions. You can ship whatever you want in that directory,
and create whatever directory tree suits you. Pretty much the only
thing which has to exist is a single metadata file, called
meta/package.yaml [... in which b]inaries have to be declared. As
above, you can provide a list of the binary names you want to export
to users when they install your app."

No hashes, but transactional updates, and dependecies are left a bit vague.
-Michael