[gobolinux-users] starter questions

Jonas Neumann gobolinux at tschanness.de
Mon Jan 26 03:41:27 NZDT 2015

Hi,
1) Both, you can  use Compile to build it yourself or use
InstallPackage. Compile is the preferred way and normaly more recent
versions are available as recipe and not as Binary.

2) Afaik nothing.

3) You can use the Layout in your home directory but adapting a whole
distribution would be too complicated.

4) The recipe store is what you want. http://recipes.gobolinux.org/r/

5) They are installed as Programs and made available system wide.

6e) Well, I thought Compile and MakeRecipe are quiete easy to
understand but you will need to invest a lot of time into gobo - wich
will result in a deeper understanding in linux (at least that was the
way it was for me). Using gobo as a main distro for Servers - I guess
I would not but that is up to you.

7) The installation is just ~800MB ISO and results in a little over
1.5GB IIRC. It is mostly self explainatory.

Hope that helps,

sC