[gobolinux-users] Gobolinux 016 Final question

Mr. Fossil Codger violazoli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 06:30:30 NZDT 2016

Dear Hisham, and other developers,
I fully agree this answer/reply! This is also precise my opinion! The only
one difference is, that I prefer the DWM window manager, but this is not a
big problem for me, because it is easy to compile and install. In these
days I use my own "distro" based on the LFS, but insomuch as I have a
second 64 bit laptop too, for "auxiliary machine", and it has now Ubuntu
(but I really don't like those distros which labeled as "*buntu"...), when
GoboLinux community will release the final version, I'll install it to that
my laptop. And BIG THANKS, seriously, because this distro has NO any
annoying "eyecandy"! I need a working X window system, but no any file
manager (MC forever! but I can live even without MC), I hate the automount,
the sound signals, background images, animated buttons (actually, I do not
need ANY icons, buttons... not even menus...). I need a good
terminal-emulator which knows the UNICODE characters too, in UTF-8
encoding, and no any other difficulty.
If I need something extra, I can install it, or if my need isn't available
in a software repository, then I write the needed program or script. (For
example, the statusbar to the DWM...).
There are already MANY, NUMEROUS distros for beginners. It is totally
superfluous to create a new, designed for their (infinite...) claims!
WELL, I THINK, HISHAM, MY FRIEND—BE RIGHT! Fully, totally, beyond doubt!
Big thanks for him, and for everybody others, in the developing group!

Zoli