[gobolinux-users] Grub Crushing

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Sun Mar 5 08:47:12 NZDT 2017

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:55 PM, St├ęphane Aulery <lkppo at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Before installing Gobolinux I have made three paritition and installed
> Debian as a rescue system in case :
>
> 1. Debian
>
> 2. gobolinux
>
> 3. Swap
>
> When I try to boot with the Debian GRUB entry, I have an error message :
> it can't find GoboLinux kernel.
>
> Not a big problem, I will reinstall it quickly.
>
> It's just so you know there's an installation order, because Gobolinux may
> not be able to handle this part of the installation.
>
> Regards,

Hi, St├ęphane,

This has been reported to me before. GRUB uses a third-party tool called
os-prober to create entries for other operating systems. At the time we
released 016, that tool was quite broken and didn't work out of the box. I
have fixed the most obvious issues so that multiple installations of
GoboLinux would be properly detected, but it looks like other OSs are not
properly handled yet.

I will look into getting that fixed at some point -- thanks for the
reminder.

Best regards,
Lucas