[gobolinux-users] gobolinux-users Digest, Vol 140, Issue 12 -> Expiriences

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Tue Mar 14 04:22:43 NZDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:15 AM, sali <sali at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> @Lucas
>
> Hi Lucas,
>
> I have booted the new iso
> and evaluated my own 'upgrades'.
>
> I did _not_ install the iso because I updated several Programs and
> translated some in Dutch Language.
> By the way nL_NL.UTF-8 is somehow not 'persistent'.
>
> Maybe I can send some 'translations' as a contribution ?
>
> My 'Data' attached below.
> To be continued ...
>
> That's it - for now,
>
> Greetings,
>
> From 'Holland',
>
> Martin.

Hi Martin,

Some answers to your questions and notes:

*>* (1) Boot -> mounts in fstab don't get mounted

On the LiveCD we don't follow fstab very strictly. But it should work on
the installed system, as long as you don't have the "noauto" flag on fstab

> Setting hostname to Triskelion...
> But all _logfiles_  give (none) as HostName

I guess we have never really paid much attention to the BootScripts logs.
That's certainly harmless, as the hostname is correctly set by the time
you're given a shell.
Hisham, would you know what could be at play here?

> Kernel - "messages" : Command_Not_Found:SetFont ( Thursday 09 March 2017
-> using the Slack 'theme' )

Hmm. SetFont is a function defined on BootScripts/Functions/ConsoleToolkit.
Our themes "source" that file and should be able to handle it just fine.
Hisham, could you take a look when you have a chance?

> Rebooting takes a lot of time ...
> Either with 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r now'.
> More than two minutes ... ?

Do you have any special program(s) running when you attempt to reboot? Do
you face a similar delay when rebooting right after login?

> Compile -> still missing headers when using Freshen ?

Did Freshen pick Compile 016.01 and Scripts 016.01? If not, please manually
update them first.
Michael, does Freshen attempt to update Compile/Scripts prior to going
through the list of updates?

> While using GoboLinux-016.01-alpha-x86_64.iso:
> Missing Gobonet ? in the upper region. No wifi ?

Indeed -- I have just noticed the same. I'll check what's going on.

Thanks for the review!
Lucas