[gobolinux-users] GoboLinux Community Binaries Packages

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Wed May 10 15:57:14 NZST 2017

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Wilson Moura <wilsonmoura at tuta.io> wrote:

> Hi, guys
> I'm here to announce my project
> I am creating a repository to keep some packages in binary mode to
> facilitate the installation of the same.
>
> Project URL: https://github.com/WilsonRU/Gobolinux-bin
>
> I currently have a few more packages to the tbm community can contribute
> with some
>
> All packages listed here are made and create by community members. Some of
> them may lack their dependencies if this happens. please report so that it
> is fixed as fast as possible and thus keep as many binary mode packages as
> possible.

Hi Wilson,

The InstallPackage tool can automatically fetch packages from your
repository as long as you have a file called MANIFEST.bz2 with the name of
the tarballs you are hosting. This is what we have on gobolinux.org:

    gobolinux.org/packages/016/MANIFEST.bz2

I'm not sure if files under subdirectories will be catched or not, but you
can try. Then, the other thing that you will need to do is to edit
/System/Settings/Scripts/GetAvailable.conf and include the URL to your
manifest file on the contribPackagesList array. For example:

    officialPackagesLists=(
       'https://gobolinux.org/packages/016/MANIFEST.bz2'
    )
    contribPackagesLists=(
        'https://WilsonRU.github.io/GoboLinux-bin/MANIFEST.bz2'
    )

My suggestion for you is to move all files to a flat hierarchy and to host
them on your github.io page. That should make it easier for other users to
fetch the packages you're maintaining.

Cheers,
Lucas