[gobolinux-users] 2D acceleration on 016.01 with Modesetting + Glamor (Intel)

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Mon May 15 16:05:29 NZST 2017

Hi folks,

I noticed that my Intel graphics-based machine didn't have 2D acceleration
when using the Modesetting driver. No matter what the system settings
looked like, glxinfo would say that my screen was not DRI capable. As it
turns out, a few packages from our graphics stack were built without the
required drivers.

After a thorough review of the graphics stack I came up with a new batch of
recipes that will fix the problem. The following wiki page contains
instructions for those wanting to bring acceleration to their systems:

https://github.com/gobolinux/Documentation/wiki/Video-acceleration-with-Modesetting-on-016.01

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Lucas