[gobolinux-users] 2D acceleration on 016.01 with Modesetting + Glamor (Intel)

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon May 15 17:06:34 NZST 2017

On Mon, 15 May 2017 01:05:29 -0300
"Lucas C. Villa Real" <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:

> After a thorough review of the graphics stack I came up with a new
> batch of recipes that will fix the problem. The following wiki page
> contains instructions for those wanting to bring acceleration to
> their systems:
>

> https://github.com/gobolinux/Documentation/wiki/Video-acceleration-with-Modesetting-on-016.01
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes. Could you please add the following to the Grub menu:

1) Have the menu actually show up.
2) 20 second wait before running the default grub choice.
3) A grub choice to give a large-print, 80x25 character virtual
   terminal.

The preceding three things will guarantee that a person with
under-average vision can at least work within the virtual terminal.
Then I'd suggest the following:

* A recipe for vim and gvim, set up with sane fonts so the user can
  see enough to change them to suit his/her needs.
* A recipe for LXDE, with large fonts, so that one with less than
  average vision can actually install what he/she needs.
* In the MOTD, tell the user how to set the fonts in both Awesome and
  LXDE, hopefully from a config file easily seen in the 80x25 CLI mode.
  In the MOTD, tell how to get startx to point to Awesome, and how to
  get it to point to LXDE.

The preceding six suggestions are almost trivially simple additions,
that will let those with less than average vision know they're welcome
in the Gobo Linux project.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2017 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28